Wednesday, November 2, 2011

furthering Mary Sumner's work


Tonight was the first of our weekly prayer sessions being held Wednesday evenings 6-7 pm.  These conference prayer times are being led by Hilary Angell and she has developed a theme for each week.  Tonight's was on Mary Sumner and her vision of MU.  Many of you will be familiar with her personal prayer which is one of my favourites:
All this day, O Lord,
let me touch as many lives as possible for thee;
and every life I touch, do thou by thy spirit quicken,
whether through the word I speak, the prayer I breathe,
or the life I live.  Amen.
I thought touching as many lives as possible for God could be translated into compassion and prayed that Mary's work would be furthered at our national conference as we grow in compassion.  This could be expressed as we consider MU outreach but particularly as we interact with each other, listening and accepting each other without judging.
Please join us in praying for the conference and add your prayers to the comments section below.
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment