Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Time to get packing!

7 Days to Go -- Kaching, Kachang!!

I've been making a list of stuff to bring to the conference for several months now and it's rather long.  It's a good thing I'm travelling alone in my car as I don't think another person would fit!

I'm packing my hand drums and shakers as a few of the music selections we'll sing during our business sessions rock better with such instruments.  Rhonda, our  music director, has spent hours putting together binders with all the music for the choir members to sing at the services.  I'm not sure if the drum is needed for any of those selections or not:)

I'm bringing a few Corelle dishes as the breakfasts in the residence will be on paper plates with plastic cutlery.  I would much rather use real dishes so am bringing my own and will wash them in my room.  All lunches and dinners will be in the cafeteria and I have arranged for real plates, cutlery and mugs there but there may be the stray disposable salad bowl or dessert plate still evident.  You are welcome to bring your own mess kit if you wish.





 I've purchased the wine for the Thursday night reception and we've rented wine glasses, so you don't need to pack any of those!

Other items I won't be forgetting will be:
- a dress to wear to the banquet (semi-formal),
- a USB stick with all my MU photos on it,
- songbooks for night-time singalongs,
- the Beautiful Bowl that one of our members created for the silent auction
- my daughter who I've hired as a go-fer,
- my camera!

Thank goodness Rona is in charge of bringing our banner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment